May 29, 2008

Tell me a secret - Erzähl mir ein Geheimnis













These two garden fairies are discussing a secret under the sun, moon and stars... Of course I don't know what it's all about but in a day where sun, moon and stars shine at the same time you could hear some of the conversation.

The piece is about 7" x 11" (18 x 28 cm). It is worked in many techniques and I used many wonderful materials from my stash (also silk fibers) to do it. Self dyed cheesecloth/scrim shows through the wool as flowers on the meadow and also through the sky. The little clowd is made of lace. The ferns are dyed speciality threads.

This piece is meant to be framed. I don't give a heavy cardstock on the back so that I can keep the shipping costs low. You could do that, but I prefer to use small pieces of double sided tape (the one you use for the carpets) to bond it to the background of the frame. The sun, moon and stars would look great showing out of the passepartout.



Diese beiden Gartenfees erzählen ein Geheimnis. Ich weiß natürlich nicht, worüber es sich handelt. Man könnte sie an einem Tag, in dem Sonne, Mond und Sterne gleichzeitig scheinen vielleicht richtig hören...

Das Stück ist ca. 18 x 28 cm und ich habe diesmal wunderbare Materialien aus meiner Kollektion verwendet (auch Seidenvlies). Man sieht gefärbten Mull durchscheinen als Blumen auf der Wiese. Das Wölkchen ist aus Spitze gemacht und die Farne aus gefärbten Spezialfäden.

Das Stück sollte eingerahmt werden. Ich gebe keinen festen Karton am Rücken, um die Portokosten so niedrig als möglich zu halten. Ich klebe normalerweise solche Bilder mit doppelseitigem Klebeband (der Starke für Teppiche) in kleinen Stücken. Es wäre schön, wenn Sonne, Mond und Sterne auf den Passepartout ihnren Platz finden.

10 comments:

  1. It's exquisitely beautiful! It has made me smile, no mean feat when I'm in bed feeling poorly and sorry for myself. Thank you for this pleasure, Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these little story pieces. thanks for all your comments on my blog. i am finally considering getting an embellisher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh all of your stuff is just so, so beautiful. When I am rich :0) I shall buy a piece.
    However, it is all surpassed by the beauty of your home. I have been browsing thru' the photos on Flickr, and I could spend hours looking at all the artefacts and nick nacks. It is breath-takingly fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. und wieder so ein wunderschönes, farbenfrohes werk!! ich finde, es sieht so kostbar aus ...
    man möchte eine dieser blumen sein, um mitzulauschen, worüber diese beiden feen wispern.

    ich bin sehr glücklich, deinen blog vor monaten entdeckt zu haben: du verbreitest damit viel gute energien, inspíration und maßloses erstaunen. für mich bist du eine geschichtenerzählerin der besonderen art, die kaum worte und stiche braucht, um die saiten im inneren deiner zuhörerinnen zum klingen zu bringen.
    danke dafür!

    lg anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors and design to these fairies. I love the recent pieces you've been making.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Solche Gartenfeen wünsch ich mir in meiner Nähe,...wunderschön,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little details hanging above

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara, how did I miss this one? Love the wings, they seem so light and airy. Very graceful. I love wings.

    Jill in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's just too beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete