This is the project I was thinking of since a long time. It is about offering a feltalong in the blog and I tried to imagine how to organize it to make it interesting and fun. It should be somehow myterious and a way to encourage you and help you to keep going and discover techniques in a playful way.
This is the idea:
- The object we are going to be working on is on a small art book doing a page at a time.
- It will be a visit card size so that you will be able to do the pages one by one in no time (I discarded the inchies version of it for being too small!!). The size the first page turned out to be was about 2 ½“ x 3 ½“ - without the button part - and I think it’s a decent size to work with.
- The booklets will have a theme. Mine will be - true to my style - a Medieval one... It can also be a flower book, a discovery book, a houses book, you name it..
- The pages are going to be made out of felt, dry or wet done. You can use fabric instead but because they are so small they can easily be needle felted or cut out from a felted piece and the assembly of the book the way I imagine it will be easier with felt to accomplish.
- I will be posting the instructions on Mondays.
- We will have a Bookies Group Board in Pinterest.
- I will offer a technique or embellishment idea for each page.
- I will be sending more suggestions and ideas per email to the people who inscribe to the feltalong.
- I WILL RAFFLE ONE OF MY PAGES AT THE END BETWEEN THE ONES WHO INSCRIBED TO THE FELTALONG , who participated actively and commented throughout on the blog. each one of the participants is asked to do the same with one of the pages she/he made. To be considered an active participant you should have made at least 6 pages and the cover of the booklet and pin them to the Pinterest Group Board.
- Any additional ideas will be posted in my blog The Fabric of Meditation.
- You can send me all questions you have per email.
- TO INSCRIBE PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
THERE IS A LINK TO THE CHALLENGE FOLDER IN PINTEREST ON THE UPPER RIGHT SIDE OF THE BLOG. ONLY PARTICIPANTS OF THE CHALLENGE WILL BE ABLE TO UPLOAD THEIR BOOKLETS IN IT!!