Dec 1, 2008

Back and working



I'm back from Germany and settling for the winter. This year I don't have more travels abroad for a long time so far and I'm eager to work in my studio.

Ich bin zurück von Deutschland und freue mich, dass die Winterzeit kommt und somit die Zeit, in meinem Studio mehr zu arbeiten.




I did this piece in Germany at my friend's house and I'm like the possibility of working on a curved surface. I use them as stones decoration in the middle of a side table. The small pieces are hidden inside of the rocks. You can also staple the rocks like a matrioshka. It's something to play with.

Ich habe dieses Stück in Deutschland gemacht. Ich mag die Möglichkeit, auf einer runden Oberfläche zu arbeiten. Ich verwende diese "Steine" als Dekoration auf einem Beistelltisch. Die kleinen Stücke sind unter den Steinen versteckt. Man kann die Steine wie eine Matrioschka stappeln und damit spielen.

9 comments:

  1. Was für tolle Steine! Sie gefallen mir ausgesprochen gut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these felted stones?
    I loved the curved surface and the embroidery of the bird.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, these are charming! My book arrived today, and I LOVE IT! So fun to see a couple of my pieces in print! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. j'ai hâte de voir vos travaux, j'aime ces cailloux, je ne sais pas pourquoi, peut être une souvenir d'enfance, de cette enfance où tous les cailloux sur les chemins sont magiques. Merci.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the book!Hope there will be another one in future!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all comments! I'm so happy to be back and communicate once more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sara, the works you make is fascinating. So many detail, I admire your patience to do such a thing. And I like the way you re-use all kind of old materials. Haven't read your whole blog yet (and the others..), but will do this in the next week. There is a link to my blog fontainefleurie to my other blog fiberfusing. creatve greetings, Dorie

    ReplyDelete
  8. settling in for the winter is great for the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are lovely and so sweet – great idea!

    ReplyDelete