Feb 21, 2008

Learning to fly - Lernen zu Fliegen









Today I also finished this piece I began at my last workshop in my studio. I used some of the pieces to teach the techniques. The students did something similar.

The little lady was deciding which kind of feathers she would chose. In life you can somehow chose your feathers as a teenager. You only have to learn to fly with them. There are very simple feathers for a kind of mouse existence, others have perhaps other meanings. I gave my meaning to all of them... I actually though about grey mouses, but I suppose that a mouse real life can be pretty interesting too -if you don't get caught!-...

You also can see in this piece how I use to frame them in shadow boxes with some elements that support the theme. I used self made paper for the wings of the little fairies.

It is about 12"x9"(30x23cm)

Heute habe ich das Stück, das ich im letzten Workshop im Studio angefangen habe, fertig gemacht. Ich habe manche Techniken anhand dieses Stückes gezeigt. Die Schüler machten etwas Ähnliches.

Die junge Dame ist dabei ihre Lebensfedern auszusuchen. Irgendwie sucht man sich die Federn als Teenager. Man muß nur damit fliegen lernen. Es gibt sehr einfache Federn für graue Mäuse, andere haben eine andere Bedeutung... Und eigentlich muß ein Mäuseleben auch nicht uninteressant sein -wenn sie nicht erwischt wird!-...

Hier kann man gut sehen, wie ich meine Stücke einrahme. Ich rahme auch Objekte, die das Thema abrunden, mit. Ich habe selbst geschöpftes Papier für die Flügel der kleinen Feen verwendet.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautifull pieces you made again Sara. The second picture is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful piece, it really speaks to me! Your blog is super inspirational!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. mir hat es fast die Sprache verschlagen: es ist so genial, wunderschön und inspirierend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. I did this piece during a workshop to show how the techniques work. I think I should always work on a piece during the workshops! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traumhaft ! Eine wunderschöne Arbeit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, I am in total awe!!! This is truly stunning... I think I've avoided confirming on a commission, because I just can't decide!!! Sara, you are a wizard, and a true artist! I ADORE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I simply just, LOVE your work!!

    ReplyDelete