Today I sew a pillow for my mother who comes to visit me from Argentina:
It was a wonderful way of using the embellisher.
You can do this with any curtain or upholstery fabric (I had a kind of polyester one - rather shiny - I bought yesterday in a sale).
First I put the fabric on top of a cotton batting:
and basted it with security needles (not many) so that I keep an eye on the shrinking!:
I punched the whole fabric to the batting:
After this I felted the flowers on the print with small pieces of wool, following the paint strokes.
I also mixed the yellow wool roving with a little red one so that it looked more like painting.
I hand stitched with my self dyed variegated threads and running stitch the leave contours.
I used alternatively an outline and a running stitch for the flower contours:
I punched yellow organza from the back (not moving the embellisher) so that I got dots to do the background more interesting:
I did some free machine embroidery over some part of the print with a light zig zag:
I appliqué 4 pieces of check fabric to improve the design and stitched over these:
I did the piping with the embellisher. It is the most wonderful tool to do this!!!:
I put a cord on a strip of the check fabric and punched the borders together very near to the cord.
For the back I took a yellow tapestry fabric and sew a zip on it.
And here is one more detail of the pillow where you can see the piping: